The Right Cues, Charlie/Tzigane
jane kit bailey
 Posted: Jun 24 2014, 08:28 PM
29 years old
Owner
$1075
N/A
Kit
Jane’s father was a successful horse trainer for a time, but was eventually found guilty of fixing races and began his long exile in Kansas State, where Jane was born only a short time later. However, Jane is determined to remain clean and has made a go at escaping her father’s shadow. She is now an owner of her own private farm and has become a respectable but proud person in the industry.
PLAYED BY Soldier
POSTS MADE
N/A
owner

My Original Post Was ridiculous, So I Edited It A Little

Jane had driven from her farm, Raven Springs, all the way to Forewood on the spirit of a measly hope that she could find the right bit. Her current trainer, who she cared little to think of now, was out running around somewhere in Kentucky. Jane's knuckles were white from holding the steering wheel so harshly. She almost wanted out of this, it had gotten so bad. If that man at the auction hadn't been there, then Jane would have never of bought the filly in the first place. My Suggestion was sour and had a very tough mouth. Not to mention, a strong neck. The bit the filly had had on when startled, was not enough to stop her from freaking out with a strong rider on her back. After getting her bridle caught on a metal post, My Suggestion tore the headstall right off. The filly experienced the trauma without receiving any cuts or unseen damages. And Jane thanked God for that. The filly had proven difficult to stop in the past: it could have been even worse than it already was. My Suggestion was not to blame entirely, not this time. But the situation only enforced Jane's decision to look for better options.

'She'll earn her keep,' Jane thought, 'But I won't force her to, because she'll do it herself.' She drove on past the barns and up to the tack shop that Forewood somehow thought of having. Why she kept coming back to places like this, Jane hardly knew. Granted, jumping and dressage had just as much discipline as racing, and a bit was a bit. This Charlie Forewood was a man who knew his work well, that's what people said. If she had thrown open that car door any harder while getting out, it might have come back to hit her in the face. Somehow, Jane stood up straight and did not stomp away with her shoulders slumped. But her muscles were rigged with anger. Clearly, things had not gone her way. Jane Bailey never lost control of anything, because everything always went her way.

Jane was already thinking childish thoughts, she was angry enough. 'She's trying to drive me until I'm broke and mad.' Jane fumed all the way up to the front door of the tack shop. It wasn't even what My Suggestion had done that day that really tore at Jane's patience. It was that she had never really wanted the animal in the first place. The very same man who had exposed her father's crimes to the world strode right in and tried beating her in a bidding for a daughter of the North American sire, Tapit. Jane thought the filly was of good pedigree, but she never would have bought her for so much. She couldn't afford that kind of living. Jane open the door with more careful control this time, exhaled, and then she stepped inside, welcomed by the soothing bold smells of leather. After walking toward the center of the store, she stopped and looked around. She needed a very strong bit.

PM
^
charlie teague forewood
 Posted: Jun 25 2014, 04:13 AM
26 years old
Owner & Trainer
$375
GMT+1
Charlie
Quick-witted, clever, humorous and charming Charlie's a good guy with some physical problems that he's not afraid to show when it comes to it - but he's having more good than bad days.
PLAYED BY Tzigane
POSTS MADE
N/A
trainer

tag: Jane
words: 371
outfit
notes: stuff

Bless my heart, bless my soul
I don't know where I'm gonna go
Charlie had the tendency to roam around a bit after his breaks. Between exercising his own horses, watching, occasionally teaching and maintenance, or noting where maintenance was necessary, he had a fairly good mental map of his property and the state it was in. It also included checking in on the tack shop every now and then. Besides, the scents that were unique to tack shops wasn't all that bad - sometimes he really liked to just drift through the aisles for a bit, make sure everything still looked neat. And well, it also helped if he knew where everything was.

His employees had finally stopped looking funny at him when he walked, strolled or limped by, seemingly aimlessly. They figured he was either a little 'wacko' or eccentric, and in a way, either worked for him. As long as they did their job and didn't gossip about him too much, he didn't much mind. He'd known, even in the hospital, that people would laugh about him now. That he was 'funny' for some reason, and that jokes were OK because he wasn't physically as fit as the rest of the world anymore. As his obvious physical limitations faded back to 'at moments' instead of 'all the time', he noticed that people started to see him as more normal too. Funnily enough, the physical problems hadn't been the worst, but the mostly invisibly brain injury had been. Still was, actually, but he didn't actually advertise that.

Humming a little to himself and Nobu, as always faithfully next to him, he straightened the halters and lead ropes - they were all tangled, some unraveled instead of neatly tied up. He sighed a little at it, but couldn't fault the customer who'd done so. It was sometimes necessary to test the feel of a lead line, after all, test the give it had. He wasn't so absorbed in his job that he missed the sound of someone coming. Upon seeing the woman in the center of the store, a single corner of his mouth quirked up. She seemed a mite upset, if he might say so - there was something about the old proverb about 'blazing eyes'. "Hello, can I help you?" he greeted the woman.

PM
^
jane kit bailey
 Posted: Jul 4 2014, 03:09 PM
29 years old
Owner
$1075
N/A
Kit
Jane’s father was a successful horse trainer for a time, but was eventually found guilty of fixing races and began his long exile in Kansas State, where Jane was born only a short time later. However, Jane is determined to remain clean and has made a go at escaping her father’s shadow. She is now an owner of her own private farm and has become a respectable but proud person in the industry.
PLAYED BY Soldier
POSTS MADE
N/A
owner

I Apologize For The Length Of The Reply

Hate was a very strong word. Displeased was a better word. And the moment Jane saw Charlie Forewood, although she was unaware of his identity at the moment, her mood iced over. She needed to get a grip on her emotions, or she would just stomp on out again. Jane ran her fingers through her hair, mumbling as she straightened out her appearance, which was disheveled. It took a lot to unhinge Jane Bailey, and she intended to remain calm throughout the impending conversation. There was no need to be rude to anyone else because she was unhappy with the results from today. This was her responsibility, and no one else had to be dragged into it. Straightening her back, Jane walked over to the man standing near the isle full of halters and lead ropes. She tried to smile.

"Yes! Thank you." Her voice was a little breathless from her earlier rage, but Jane believe she was steadily gaining control of her mannerisms once more. She cleared her throat. "I am looking for a bit. Something for a horse with a hard mouth." Jane looked at Charlie. and then shook her head. "I honestly don't know what I'm doing here, but it seems to be the only place I haven't looked yet, that's closest to home anyway." She frowned. "I don't want to bore you with one of many ornery horse stories," Jane went on dryly, "But the long and short of it: my filly needs a good set of breaks." Her expression became hopeful, "Is it possible you have anything suitable for her here?"

My Suggestion only needed to be softened. But she was almost impossible to stop. Jane already knew Holiday wasn't ready for her first race. And it wasn't just the bit dilemma that was giving her trouble, it was her trainer. Why did family members have to make everything so difficult? Why wasn't her cousin starting out on the right foot with the filly? In the end of her contemplation, the answers still didn't matter. Jane knew this was all her fault. That was part of the reason she was angry. Everything was so childishly wrong at the moment, Jane felt like laughing at herself. She told herself that it really was not so terrible as she was making it out to be. It was simply pure frustration of the world and everything in it, which had collapsed and had made Jane's day a living nightmare. It was just life being life, and she knew she had to suck it up before she let her problems get out of hand.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

• c
  • b
  • o
  • x
SKINNED BY MERC OF CAUTION 2.0 & ATF & ROUX!