$225
N/A
N/A
N/A
PLAYED BY N/A
POSTS MADE
N/A
jockey

It was almost six in the morning, and Ira was awake, fit as a fiddle and dressed to the proverbial... Well, not to the nines, but pragmatically. She was ready for whatever her rides of that morning would bring, especially because she wasn't sure who she'd be riding. Marish, sometimes pissy Cali, or the tall and spirited Wallie? Or any of his other options - Andy wasn't exactly limited in his choice of racehorses, which was one of many reasons she liked him. She just hoped that their partnership would last: she had the feeling theirs would become one of those comfortable, profitable partnerships. If it lasted past the rocky phase, that is, which she expected to come at some point. You needed some stormy seas before you got good at reading each other, at knowing what the other was worth.

She truly hoped they'd get past that phase, because she wanted to keep this job. With her previous trainer currently in the wind, or rather, in Florida, she needed a patron like Andy. And the quality of his horses didn't hurt either. The only thing that did were the rumors about his after hours-life, but as long as it didn't interfere with her part of interacting with him, she didn't mind too much. She just didn't understand, but that was just something human. Ever since her sixteenth she hadn't done anything crazy or wild with regards to staying up extremely late, getting extremely drunk or whatnot. Ira simply couldn't afford it: between having to maintain her weight and having to get up nearly every morning in time to make it to the track before six meant she didn't have much leeway.

Then again, it also meant she was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the fresh morning air, a chill there that only seemed the strengthen the promise of a beautiful day. She had some half-formed plans to take Scaredy Cat out for a trail ride that afternoon, if the weather kept. The mare always enjoyed those moments, as long as she wasn't saddled. Although, by now she was so far that bareback pads with stirrups were grudgingly allowed. A small smile graced Ira's face as she crossed her arms and ankles and leaned back against the wall - the place where she'd promised to meet Andy in a minute or three. Being early wasn't something that came natural to her, but almost twelve years of habit and training had learned her how to make it appear as if natural. She was seldom late for anything which, for a jockey, was a rather good trait.

everything that don't make sense about me makes sense when i'm done
tag: Andy // words: 432 // outfit // I also sent a PM to Andy's account. Plot-idea, possibly.
( © HUNTER. )
PM
^
andrew james king
 Posted: Jun 23 2014, 01:49 PM
28 years old
owner
$975
mountain
andy
andrew always lived the high life. he has taken advantage of his wealth, and still does. known for his extreme partying habits and impulsive actions he may not have the best reputation around the track, but haters gonna hate!
PLAYED BY nevaeh
POSTS MADE
hands up. hands high. don't go screaming if i hit you with a bang. live fast. die young. bad girls do it well.
owner

andy woke up to the angry cawing of his alarm block on his white bedside table. he swatted at the button unsuccessfully a few times and then with a large amount of reluctance stood up and turned it off. the early summer sun came in through his open window and it burned his pupils as he tried to wipe the remnants of sleep from his eyes.

sighing he managed to push himself out of bed, get dressed in a pair of dark jeans and a black t-shirt and get down to the stables to meet with one of his jockeys, ira. she was an early riser, which he didn't mind until it came to meeting with her at six in the morning. that was a little ridiculous for the party boy. thankfully, he hadn't been out at any of the clubs or college parties the night before so he managed to find his way down the driveway.

his coffee mug in hand he sipped at the hot liquid. the sting of a tiny amount of whiskey he accented it with made his throat burn. the busy nature of the barn, even in the waning hours of morning was unbelievable. stalls were being mucked by the many grooms and horses were being prepared for hard rides after eating their breakfast. andy nodded to a few that waved, and muttered some "good mornings" before spotting ira.

"morning," he greeted, a little more lively now. he leaned against the side of the stalls and surveyed the alley. "i'm thinking we just breeze justine today, but i want to see how fast ace can go so he can be pushed a bit," he said going over the morning's game plan. sipping his beverage, he sighed as he thought about how tiring the day ahead would be.

PMEmail
^
romaine ira macaslan
 Posted: Jun 24 2014, 02:08 AM
N/A years old
N/A
$225
N/A
N/A
N/A
PLAYED BY N/A
POSTS MADE
N/A
jockey

Ira's eyes slipped to the mug of coffee in his hands and the overall air of 'tiredness' he still sported and smirked a little. The racing lifestyle wasn't always an easy one, and she was mean enough to want the owner there, if he also happened to be the trainer. On the other hand, she also admired him for it. It really wouldn't be too hard for him to sleep in and have one of the numerous people working in the barn do the honors. Granted, that was how she got the saddled horses rather than having to pick them out their stalls herself, but that were just details. "Morning!" she returned, obnoxiously awake - frankly, she was working very hard on resisting the urge to pinch or pat his cheeks. She didn't t hink he'd appreciate that.

She nodded at his 'mission statement' for the morning. It genuinely would be a pleasure: both Justine and Ace were well-behaved and well-trained. Besides, she'd seen Justine being groomed already. The white mare was nice to ride, also due to her 'immense' experience, compared to green two year olds. "Before we start, though, there's something I'd like to ask you," she broke the silence even as she was already in the process of putting on her body protector. "I accompanied a friend to the auction yesterday, and they're putting Rimbey - Mr. Wonderful - up for sale. I'm interested in buying him, but while I have the funds, I don't have the other means to own a racehorse," she stated. Plain truth. "And while he's not the easiest, he's a more than decent racer. I've won a few times with him. Ideally, I'd like to see him go on racing for a while, possibly serving as a stud as well. I think he and mh mare'll make a nice combination," she shared some of her thoughts, before hesitating for a moment. Not typical jockey-behavior what she was going to display now, but well. "I was wondering if you'd be interesting in co-owning?"

She hoped he'd say yes. Rimbey had something she liked, she thought he'd be a nice match for Dame de Pique - sadly enough, buying a stallion was cheaper at the moment than purchasing a covering. Then again, jockeys typically didn't own racehorses, which is why she wanted someone else who knew about training, had the place for it and wouldn't mind putting his name first when it came to owning. She was a bit atypical in that regard, though - she'd made it as a jockey after buying, training and racing her own horse in picnic races at home, and Dame de Pique had been a racehorse, if currently screwed up and long since retired. Her attention (and awkwardness, or so it felt) was broken when one of his people brought Justine. Ira smiled her thanks to the guy, finished lacing up the body protector and actually remembered to put on her helmet. Better safe than sorry, at least in practices.

tag: Andy // words: 497 // outfit // I also sent a PM to Andy's account. Plot-idea, possibly.
( © HUNTER. )
PM
^
andrew james king
 Posted: Jun 24 2014, 09:41 AM
28 years old
owner
$975
mountain
andy
andrew always lived the high life. he has taken advantage of his wealth, and still does. known for his extreme partying habits and impulsive actions he may not have the best reputation around the track, but haters gonna hate!
PLAYED BY nevaeh
POSTS MADE
hands up. hands high. don't go screaming if i hit you with a bang. live fast. die young. bad girls do it well.
owner

andy nodded a curt nod towards the groom as he held justine fully groomed and tacked. her ears perked forward attentively. her white coat spotless and gleaming. her muscles strong and taut under her skin. she was one of his favourites although he tried to avoid picking any. this mare knew when it was work time and when it was alright to cut loose. not to mention she had one of the longest strides he had ever seen, but ira was able to control it and just as they came across the last stretch really let her go. she was already four years old, and that was pretty mature for a race horse, but he couldn't bear to take her out of the races since she was such a good horse and was still completely sound and fit as a fiddle.

he thought this might be her last year, but depending on how she runs this season, he may consider trying her as a five year-old. however, as soon as she was retired he wanted a baby from her. hopefully a colt that would extend his line of castle lake horses even further. if her babies had at least half the potential she did, they would be winners. not to mention, with the right sire they could have triple crown winners running through their fields shortly.

andy had a knack for taking his ex-racers and putting them through training to give them a new career. it was one of the things he did to try and give back to the horse. his horses wanted to work and have a purpose. most of them became jumpers or eventers, but a few turned into amazing dressage horses and one even became a cow horse. it just goes to show you that thoroughbreds aren't just damn good racehorses.

he sipped his coffee-whiskey mixture and listened to her proposal. it sounded interesting. something that intrigued him, and his impulsive nature. he had heard horror stories of course about the co-ownerships that hadn't worked out. fighting, law suits and such, but andy wasn't thinking about that as he nodded his head slowly.

mr. wonderful was quite a nice looking horse and if ira was willing to ride him, andrew saw no problem in purchasing the stud. maybe that is who i will breed to justine, he thought to himself silently as he pondered the deal. auctions weren't his favourite place to buy horses, because you never really knew the real horse, but he decided to take a chance on the jet black beauty. "deal," he said quite bluntly.

"50/50 and you got yourself a partner," he told her a small grin on his face. he knew this could be a break for a jockey. this could turn her whole career around and it gave him a small sense of joy to know that he may be helping that. looking back at the fully-equipped horse, he reached for the reins from the jockey, and started to walk silently to the private track that resided on the property. only one of the other boarders was out running this early in the morning, so it would be pretty quite.

he turned to face back towards her, and held justine. she stood still, patiently waiting for her rider. unlike many of the horses she had manners both on the ground and in the saddle. she was pretty easy to work with and quite respectful. not only did she have beautiful aesthetics, but she had a sane mind. something that andrew cherished.

PMEmail
^
romaine ira macaslan
 Posted: Jun 24 2014, 10:11 AM
N/A years old
N/A
$225
N/A
N/A
N/A
PLAYED BY N/A
POSTS MADE
N/A
jockey

Ira felt the tension leave her body when he agreed with her proposal in a rather curt, blunt way that people might take personal - but she didn't. Not now, anyway. Instead, she grinned widely, happy with the prospect of it. She didn't expect their future as partners to be all roses and moonshine and whatnot, they both were headstrong, experts in their field and Mr. Wonderful wasn't exactly befitting of that name when it came to his handling, but it would be worth it. "Great," she stated, slight note of relief in her voice. She wasn't planning on hanging up her boots just yet, but it woud be nice to have a stick behind the door if she had to hang up her boots early. Being a jockey was fairly dangerous, after all, and one broken bone could be too much.

"I'll arrange the buy and get him here?" she offered - it'd be good practice if she wanted to become an owner in the future, which she honestly didn't know yet, and it felt good to be hands on with it. Or so she hoped. And she didn't want to inconvenience him more, because he still looked a little grumpy and sleepy at the moment. Besides, it was exciting! She'd never (part-)owned a racehorse before, not one that still should run. Sure, she had her own Ace, or more often 'Scaredy Cat', but the seal mare wasn't exactly a good representative for that. Still, she was glad she'd bought the mare way back when. One of the first horses she had ridden regularly, so she had felt a little like she owed it to the mare to rescue her. It was one of the reasons she liked riding for Andy, too - she knew he didn't just discard his horses when they were done runnin'.

"Care to give me a leg?" she asked once they'd arrived at his track, standing next to Justine. She had already briefly, thoroughly checked the girth. It hadn't always been a habit of her, but once upon a time she'd been given a leg up and the moment she put a foot in the stirrups she fell down again because some moron hadn't tightened the girth enough. Not her best moment, really. She patted the mare on her warm, smooth neck for a moment as she waited for the much needed boost. She was fairly agile, sure, but getting high enough to jump onto Candor was rather different than onto a saddled racing Throughbred. Justine probably wouldn't appreciate the gesture much.

tag: Andy // words: 425 // outfit // I also sent a PM to Andy's account. Plot-idea, possibly.
( © HUNTER. )
PM
^
andrew james king
 Posted: Jun 25 2014, 04:36 PM
28 years old
owner
$975
mountain
andy
PLAYED BY nevaeh
POSTS MADE
owner

"that works," he agreed with her plan. some people worried that he would have too many horses to keep straight, but with the immaculate stables that made up castle lake he could have an endless supply of racehorses. having one more, even if he was a little temperamental or high maintenance, wouldn't be an issue. "i can also send one of my drivers to pick him up at the grounds," andrew suggested. "we will need to schedule a vet, dentist, farrier, and chiropractic appointment as well," he told ira cockily.

he was always on top of the maintenance of his horses. all of them were on a written and firm schedule where they were kept in the best care and at their fittest. he had the money to supply them with all the bets so why not? they were making him a lot of money so they deserved a relaxing massage, or the pain-free use of a bit.

he didn't really vocalize an answer, just stepped to his jockeys side and offered her his hand. she stepped into it and within a quick second was on justine's tall back looking down at him. the sip from his coffee made him wince. i wonder if she can smell it on my breathe? he thought to himself, as he gave a quick smile and stepped out of their way. "she's all yours," andy told her.

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply

• c
  • b
  • o
  • x
SKINNED BY MERC OF CAUTION 2.0 & ATF & ROUX!