Vana & Doodle, Tzigane's equine friends
tzigane
 Posted: Jun 24 2014, 09:19 AM
22 years old
Student
$200
GMT +1
N/A
Hi! I'm one of your admins, which means I can boss you around - just kiddin', I try to be nice and friendly and helpful whenever I can. I'm Dutch, so online at the strangest of times, and between horses and studies not always there. However, I love to relax in a virtual world after riding one of my two horses, a Dutch Warmblood mare and a Connemara pony gelding.
PLAYED BY Tzigane
POSTS MADE
N/A
admin

Hi y'all!

Couldn't resist showing off my two horses (well, technically my parents own them, but they aren't here right now xD). Figured I'd give a little background before showing all the pictures ^^

We currently have two horses; started out with a Welsh Cob mare who eventually was put down right before Christmas last year because her hooves were just too bad. We've had a Gelderlander cross gelding before this, but he was drama and eventually we sold him, got a Dutch Warmblood mare, went to court to return her to her owner (long story short: her tendons were blown, she was probably doped during the clinical examination so it didn't show then) and by now she's thankfully put down - literally ten minutes walking was already excruciating to her. Then we got Arivana, a grey 2005 Dutch Warmblood mare standing at roughly 1.70m (16.3hh/17.0hh). Her father's United, a famous dressage horse here in the Netherlands, and her mother was at national level of dressage as well. I do dressage with her, L1 now (Dutch levels go B - L1 - L2 - M1 - M2 - Z1 - Z2 - ZZ - ZZZ and then you go to FEI levels) and we've had her for almost two years now. I also jump with her, two times champion from our club but I've never dared to actually compete with her in jumping, and I've ridden a grand total of one cross country with her, which she did marvellously.

Our second horse at the moment is Doodle, a Connemara cross gelding (62,5% Connemara, 12.5% Arabian, 25% Welsh) who's 1.52m (15.0hh?). He's from 2006, I think, and a cheeky little bugger xD He's mainly for my parents, but I'm teaching him how to jump, which is interesting to say the least.

Anyway, pictures!

Doodle's arrival - these are from when Doodle arrived for the very first time, not even half a year ago. Terrible weather, but well, what can you do about that? He's the one in the blue rug, Arivana's the one with the red rug.

user posted image
First time ever on the beach with a horse, both for me and for her. The waves were somewhat scary, but she went in a little anyway. Eventually.

user posted image
A brief moment without the rest of the club around us

http://i.imgur.com/V69PXvD.png
First few actual steps into the water. I'm so proud of her here, even if you can't really see it - the first time getting her through a puddle of water in the local woods cost me twenty minutes, some bucks and some rears, so a little hesitation on the beach is so awesome smile.gif

user posted image
A little proof she can actually look pretty

http://i.imgur.com/ZVK03zl.png
A canter is bound to happen; here we are still in the back, but that's not where we ended ^^ The black-and-white streaking dog is one of ours, by the way.

user posted image
Actually mostly-relaxed through the water... For five minutes max.

user posted image
Here she's no longer happy in the water - she's rather panicky when something jerks on her tail due to an unfortunate accident with a spring, electricity and said tail, and when the waves caught it... Well, she turned athletic:

user posted image

user posted image
The perfect way to crop this picture - Vana wasn't actually giving the gull the evil eye, but it sure looks that way xD

user posted image
Nice almost neon-yellow cooler rug xD But I have to cross a fairly busy local highway, so I like to be noticed.

user posted image
Lazy Doodle - something interesting enough to look at, but not interesting enough to actually stand up for

user posted image
What can I say - he likes the rock star look xD

'Back log' pictures of Arivana - from her first day to somewhere in 2013. First jumps, free jumping etc.

Interesting details - if you trace Arivana's bloodline back far enough, you either reach a dead-end around 1648 (o.O) and you can find back the three foundation sires for the English Thoroughbred. At least, I think they're called that? Darley Arabian, Godolphin Arabian and Byerly Turk.

Once I've found them back and there's interest in them, I'll post some videos of dressage, show jumping and even practice for cross country.

COMMENTS ARE VERY WELCOME! Especially if they're of the positive kind.
PM
^
nevaeh
 Posted: Jun 24 2014, 09:56 AM
too many years old
admin
$2075
mountain
nev
hola! i am one of the site's admins! i love writing and literature, and aspire to become a well-known author sometime, but until then i would love to spend my time roleplaying horses and their humans. i am currently the proud owner of five horses, and ride/compete with my thoroughbred mare. if you have any questions about anything on the site or about myself feel free to message me and just ask!
PLAYED BY nevaeh
POSTS MADE
i met you in the summer. to my heartbeats sound. we fell in love. as the leaves turned brown. and we could be together baby. as long as the skies are blue. you act so innocent now. but you lied so soon. when i met you in the summer.
admin

aw! i love all the pictures (especially the seagull one xD)! thanks for posting pics of your pretty horses!
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

• c
  • b
  • o
  • x
SKINNED BY MERC OF CAUTION 2.0 & ATF & ROUX!